So this is me on the other side of the camera.
Let me tell you out of the thousands of photos on my computer, there were only about six of me to choose from. This was taken on a Thursday a couple of weeks back when we were picking for the Melbourne restaurant deliveries.
So here are my first eight answers to your questions;
- Favourite meal to eat? I definitely fall into the eat to live rather than live to eat category. I prefer savoury to sweet. I have been a vegetarian for a LONG time. My favourite meal is one where most of the ingredients were grown on our farm. Either roast vegies or haloumi, feta and rocket salad. I could eat either of these meals for every meal and not get sick of it.
- Do you have a quirky eccentricity? I'm sure I have many but the one that springs to mind is my dislike of the colour orange. I do not eat orange foods, wear orange clothing or have anything orange in my home. The weird exception to this rule is some vintage sheets I have recently brought home. I have no idea why they are ok.
- My middle name is Simone. My Dad's Dad was named Simon and he died before I was born, and I was named after him. My kids have my surname as their middle names and also something we grow on our farm; Apple, Olive and Berry.
- I am passionate about food. Good, clean, in season food. Food that was grown and cooked with integrity. Food that isn't full of numbers and zillions of unidentifiable ingredients. Food that is in season here and preferably doesn't come from too far away. Food that comes from animals that were treated well. Trying to get my kids to eat something that is not pasta. Trying to buy from the producers directly when possible. trying to cook from scratch as much as possible. Old seeds and rare breeds.
- Thongs or Birkenstocks? Both. But its cold and muddy here right now so its my Camper boots and my Converse runners.
- Who was I before I had kids? I can't remember. I studied Fine Art with a Bachelor of Education at uni for four years and worked in an ice cream shop, a fashion buying department, a visual merchandising department, as a wwoofer, in a super market deli and a fashion accessory company. I travelled overseas and up and down the East coast of Australia, I fell in like lots and in love once.
- Have I ever been arrested? Yes. A few times as part of the Save Albert Park from the Grand Prix protest and then Bren and I lived and blockaded at the Jabiluka blockade in Kakadu where we protested against uranium mining for three months.
- This weekend I will sell our gorgeous eggs and vegies to people who visit the Daylesford Farmers' Market and our farm gate stall. I will lice comb my girls' hair, I will crochet some beanies, work on my jumper dress, start sewing a bag, watch a family dvd, do some housework and some farm chores, and hopefully spend some happy time and play with my girls.
I just found the above photo on my phone. It is of me on the side of the camera where I feel most comfortable. In it I am taking a photo of the vegies we sent to Sydney a few months back for our entry in the 2010 Delicious Produce Awards.
There are lots more, interesting and thought provoking questions on that post that I plan to answer over the next week or so, including the how I met my farmer boy question. Right now I've got to rush to the Daylesford Farmers' Market to help Bren.
You know what?
I would LOVE to read your answers to today's questions too. This was meant to be a pass it on to seven bloggers after all.
Why don't you play along on your blog, just put your details in the thingy below and off you go. You know you want to. Consider yourself tagged.