Phew, its Friday!!
Hooray for Friday.
Its been one hellava week.
See ya later second last week of March. I am thrilled to see the back of ya!
Crappy weeks call for nice cozy food and activities to get you through them don't you think?
Here are a few things that have gotten us (mainly me) through the past week:
- Chocolate chip cookies. Baking and eating.
- Knitting something easy and relatively stress free.
- Lighting our first fire of the year. (Sorry Dad I know its not Anzac day yet!)
- Vodka with pink grapefruit juice.
- Lovely blog comments.
- Getting dressed a bit fancy for the day to day.
- Sharing my Ravelry love with my girls.
- Sewing with Wendy's sweet doily pockets. See dress above.
- Giving Miss Jazzy a jar of quince jelly and a packet of crackers to share with her class. Did you know not one single kid in her class could identify a quince!
- Part time schooling.
- Updating my shop.
- Advice from my Mum that once you take the friendship power away from the mean girls and go and play with someone else, they'll want you back and be oh so lovely. It worked when we were kids and it still works now.
- Homework club.
- Loud dancy music.
- Indulging Miss Pepper in her being a baby. Blankies and baby talk and no shoes oh my.
- Relaxed mornings and being late to school.
- Adapting my dress pattern for Autumn. See dress above. Its got longer sleeves for the chillier days and they are elasticised at the wrist to stop them from dipping into your porridge.
- Spending one on one time with my big girl.
- Realising that we only have three months here and then we are away on our great caravan adventure.
- Cuddles in the kitchen with my Farmer Boy.
- Lego cities.
- The promise of a slow, cozy weekend filled with family, yummy food, a music festival and a lot of hanging out at home.
I do hope you've had a better week than me. Have you? Do you have tricks for getting through the tough times?
Have a wonderful weekend you guys.
Bye now. XX